In terms of Section 58, a registrant may cancel its registration by giving the National Credit Regulator written notice in the prescribed manner and form-
(a) stating the registrant’s intention to voluntarily cancel the registration; and
(b) specifying a date, at least five business days after the date of the notice, on which the cancellation is to take effect.
Additional Requirements for voluntary cancellation of registration
- Complete form 10.
- An affidavit stating –
- The registrant’s intention to voluntarily cancel his or her registrations;
- Reasons for such cancellation; and
- The date on which the cancellation shall take effect;
- Attach to the said notice the original registration certificate and the window decal issued to the registrant by the National Credit Regulator.
- A letter from the auditor/accounting officer confirming that the registered activities have ceased and that all consumer credit information has been deleted from your system.